The WOW Workshop Series are a series of workshops building your Website On Wordpress in a morning session in time for lunch. There are 3 levels of this series from starting out with a basic website to creating your own e-commerce website. It will help you develop your website yourself at a fraction of the cost of getting someone else to do it. There will be different levels to help you build your website from the ground in a safe and fun environment that will give you the confidence and control of your own website.
Level 1 Workshop
Level 1 WOW Workshops are hands-on workshops to help you build your Website On WordPress in just a morning that you will be proud to publish for your business. By the end of the workshop, you will just think WOW!
Not only will you get your website up and running on WordPress it will be EU compliant, running Google Analytics and basic optimisation which is the start of that thing they call SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
Why do this Workshop?
- Unlike a lot of workshops, this is hands on and on your own laptop so everything is setup once you go home.
- The workshops are limited to small groups to allow for Q&A as we go and 1-to-1 help to give you the support and confidence to understand your website and keep it up to date.
- Sure, you can get someone to build a website for you BUT what then? You get it back and no idea what to do or how to maintain it. Google likes websites that are up to date and regular content being posted so you need to be able to keep it updated. Creating your own basic website will give you the confidence of your business online.
- Also, you will meet other businesses in your area and will get a chance to network!
What You Will Learn and Achieve
- Setup of web hosting and domains including privacy.
- Installation of WordPress and how to setup and configure correctly.
- Understand themes, plugins and widgets including how to add/remove them and customise your website.
- The principles of content creation and how to avoid plagiarism and copyright infringement. List of resources here.
- Creating pages and posts for blogs and understand the difference.
- How to manage your menus, sidebars and widgets.
- Connect your social media.
- The inclusion of features required for EU compliance.
- Basic setup for optimisation (groundwork for SEO).
What You Need
- Your own laptop that can connect to WiFi.
- You don't need to have your domain registered or hosting but you will be sent a pre-work checklist with recommendations to have it ready for the day. If you are unsure, you can come early to the session and please bring a credit card as hosting and domains are not included in the price.
- Complete the pre-work checklist prior to the workshop to gain the most benefit so early registration is advisable to give yourself time. This will include typing up some content (example About the Business, services/products, etc), sources photos you want to use, etc but you will receive full details on this.
- Pen and paper for note taking. General notes will be provided but gems will appear within the group that you will want to have for later.
- Coffee & biscuits will be provided but this is a 4 hr session so you are welcome to bring something to eat during the break.
- If you have any special requirements, please just let me know.
ARE YOU READY?